- This event has passed.
Slicing Pie in Lake Forest, IL @ Fresh Start Presents
June 27 @ 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm$35.00
We invite you to a very special Fresh Start Presents featuring gig economy experts, along with those working in that economy, who are capturing value right now. They discuss what it takes to succeed in this new economic reality. Here’s what you will learn:
• Pros and cons of using freelancers in your business
• How gig-workers can help you grow your business
• How to build a career as a gig-worker
• Pros and cons of providing freelance work
• Discipline as a freelancer
• Honing your skills and as a freelancer
• Where do you find freelancers?
• Is quality a concern when using freelancers?
• How to price your work effectively
• Why choose freelance work over a traditional job?
• As a business owner and a freelancer, what to know from a tax and legal standpoint
Thursday, June 27th, 2019 (starting at 5:00 p.m.)
The evening will include:
5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Cocktails, Light Dinner & Networking
6:30 – 7:15 p.m. Panel Discussion with Open Q&A
7:15 – 8:00 p.m. Presentation by Mike Moyer, Author of “Slicing Pie”
8:00 – 8:30 p.m. More cocktails and networking
$35 registration fee will include Light Dinner and Cocktails